You should see a Chiropractor if you are interested in preventative health care and/or the treatment of an injury. Chiropractic focuses on wellness – without drugs and surgery. Chiropractic care is based on maintaining the structural alignment of the spine and extremities and also takes into account the role of diet, exercise, and emotional balance.
Some common conditions that can benefit from chiropractic:
- Low back, hip and/or leg pain or numbness
- Neck, shoulder and arm pain, tingling or numbness
- Chronic headaches
- Knee and/or ankle pain or injury
- All types of sports, dance and work injuries
- Carpal Tunnel symptoms
- Pain between shoulder blades
- Difficulty sitting, bending and lifting
- Problems sleeping due to neck or back pain
- Progressive weakness in an arm or leg
- Recurring joint pain, stiffness or swelling
- Auto accident injury
- Inability to perform daily activities
What is an adjustment?
A spinal adjustment is a gentle and precise placement of the vertebra into its correct position. Adjusting the vertebrae can remove irritation and help the nervous system return to its natural efficiency. As a result, chiropractic adjustments support the body’s defense system, maximizing innate recuperative powers and minimizing the need for more invasive procedures.